CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 9, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up: Week 1

We survived our first week of "Back to Homeschool"! We began our school year on Tuesday the 6th and we had a rough start. Getting 3 active boys to settle down and do as instructed is a hard task. The younger 2 settled down finally, but I had to deal with a 9yr old with an attitude. That quickly got changed around and we had a good day.

I allow the boys to choose the meals for the first day of  "Back to Homeschool", they each get to choose one meal. Joshua, 9, choose homemade waffles for breakfast.


I had them begin our day with 5 minutes of exercise in the front room. Jumping Jacks, Sit-ups, Push ups and more. I just saw a news report a couple weeks ago on how exercise before school stimulates the brain and helps with focusing. I figured it is worth the try. I am so far noticing it does help.

Next up we took our traditional "First Day of Homeschool" pics:




We began diving into Our 2011-2012 Curriculum. We decided that this week we would take it easy and slow. The boys liked "easing" back into the school routine and I think we are ready to go full steam ahead next week.

Wednesday we did the basics in the morning and then began getting ready for our first night of AWANA for the year. We left the house at 1:30pm and took the bus to the Berwyn Public Library as I had books to return and both my 9yr old and I had books to pick up. We got back on the bus and headed to Oak Park, where our church is located. We got to Downtown Oak Park early, so we went to Borders and looked around. We then walked to the Oak Park Library and hung out there for a while. We headed to church by 4:15pm as I help prepare and set up for the weekly Wednesday dinner. We got home around 9pm.

Thursday we covered the basics and did some review in the morning. I discovered that what I thought was the Student Workbook for Easy Grammar Grade 3 was actually the Teacher's Edition. So we finished up the rest of the basics, had some lunch and walked to Office Depot to make photocopies of the pages from the Teacher's Edition. (Easy Grammar allows photocopying for personal use) I also had other photocopying to do. The boys and I enjoyed our walk to and from Office Depot about 4 blocks away.

Friday we covered the basics again and did some baking this afternoon. I have been wanting to make Zucchini Bread for the longest time, so I finally tried my hand at it and we like the outcome! I used Oh My! Zucchini Bread recipe from Spark Recipes.

We will be in "full mode" come Monday. I will be working diligently all weekend to get things organized and in order and create a check list for each boy to help our week go smoothly next week!

Come join others and see what happened in their homeschool this week and I have linked up at:



Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers

Share/Bookmark Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

1 comments:

In Everything said... Best Blogger Tips

fun and easy first week... we did the same by easing into schoolwork too... although we did a little throughout the summer;)

Love all the walking and exercising before schoolwork:)

And I"m a new follower as I hope to glean information about homeschooling busy boys;) I have ONE schooling now and he keeps me on my toes;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...