CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Book Review: Lioness Arising by Lisa Bevere


Title: Lioness Arising
Author: Lisa Bevere
Pages: 240
Publisher: Waterbrook Multnomah

Book Summary (As Taken from the Book website):

In Lioness Arising, author and speaker Lisa Bevere offers the life and image of the lioness as a fierce and tender model for women. Revealing the surprising characteristics of this amazing creature. Lisa challenges women to discover fresh passion, prowess, and purpose.

Learn what it means to:
- be a stunning representation of strength
- fiercely protect the young
- lend your voice to the silenced
- live in the light and hunt in the dark
- raise a collective roar that changes everything

Packed with remarkable insights from nature and a rich depth of biblical references to lionesses, Lioness Arising is a call for women to rise up in strength and numbers to change their world.

My Thoughts and Review:
I had never read or heard of Lisa Bevere before receiving this book, I was completely intrigued by the book topic and the title of the book. I also love reading material from "new to me' authors.

I must admit, I at first had a hard time getting interested in the book as it was a little bit much for me to comprehend, but by Chapter 3 things began to get a much easier and I was very much stunned by the book. Lisa compares woman to a Lion, strong and fierce, not afraid to take on the world. The book, Lioness Arising, is about being a strong woman and taking your role as "wife and mother" to new levels. Lisa shows how a woman can use her God given roles to make changes within her own community and in the world. I have always been one who wants to care for others and make changes, but this book inspired me to do more and give more. Lioness Arising is about taking our strengths and making us stronger.

I highly recommend this book for women who want to make changes, not just in your own, but in the community and the world around you. You will love this books just as much as I did.

For more information about the book, the author, where to purchase the book and to read the first chapter visit: Lioness Arising

Disclaimer: I was given a copy of this book as part of the  WaterBrook Multnomah Blogging for Books Program. My opionions are my own and were in no way influcenced by any form of compensation.



Share/Bookmark Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...