CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Simple Womans Daybook





Outside my window:  The sun is shining beautifully! Cars are zooming by on the road! 

I am thinking: The boys and I are having a picnic in the park today! It is such a beautiful day and they will have fun! 

I am thankful: The wonderful summer weather we have been having in Chicago  over the last 2 weeks. Sunny and highs in the 70's and low 80's!! LOVE IT! 

From the learning rooms: We are starting our school year next Tuesday September 6th.

In the Kitchen: I am making Whole Fryer Chicken in the Crockpot with Mashed Potatoes and Veggie Medley. Our menu plan for 8/28-9/3

I am wearing: Black Cotton Shorts and a Green T-Shirt. (house clothes)

I am creating: Lesson Plans, Chore Charts and Routine Chart. I have to get our boys ready and willing for starting "back to homeschool" next week! 

I am going: To the park today with the boys. I will also be going to the library later tonight and to redeem my FREE Gyro coupon for Gyro Day! 

I am wondering: How all the East Coasters are doing now that Hurricane Irene has passed through and done plenty of damage. I hope those affected by the storm will be OK!

I am Reading: Lots of great Library Books and books that I am going to be reviewing. (see the right sidebar for Reading Chair book list) I am currently reading Never Far from Home by Mary Ellis

I am hoping: My boys will be able to get "on track" and be ready for new routines and changes within our household. 

I am looking forward to: The start of our "Homeschool Year 2011-2012. I always think and believe the "new year" begins at the beginning of the school year. I feel that new routines, changes and more happen more at this time of the year rather then on Jan 1st. 

I am hearing: The pounding of hammers, furniture moving about and things getting put in place. The apartment above us has a family moving in today and they are getting things in place. 

Around the house: I have to put the folded towels on the shelves of the linen closet, sort and organize Back to School Supplies and put them away in the cabinet, vacuum the whole apartment today. 

I am pondering: The changes that I want to implement in our family life. I know the boys will love some of them, but will hate some also. LOL Laying it all out in my mind before putting it to paper. 

One of my favorite things: Our Magic Bullet. YES it one of those "As Seen on TV" products, but this is one product that does work like the infomercial claims. We purchased it back in April from Costco and it was a great $45 investment. I love being able to make 4 individual smoothies for breakfast for the boys and I in a matter of minutes. Beating Eggs is so quick and easy. It really is a great product! 

A few plans for the rest of the week: Working on Lesson Plans and getting things in order for the start of Homeschool on Sept 6th. My 39th B-Day is Friday. Saturday we are going to a local Forest Preserve for a Bike and Hike with our Homeschool Group. Sunday church and Monday we will have a BBQ in the Forest Preserve and let the boys run off energy! 

Here is a picture to share:  



Are you a blogger? Join the fun at Simple Woman's Daybook and see what others are doing!!


Share/Bookmark Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...