CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Works For Me Wednesday



Cups, Cups, Cups that is what this post is all about! We live in an apartment which we rent, where except for the Kitchen and Bathroom it is wall to wall carpet. We also have 3 boys who tend to be "rough and tough" and can create spills often. I don't want them to be restricted to just the kitchen for taking a sip or drink of something, but I also don't want to be cleaning up spills constantly on the carpet. The carpet is only 6 months old due to a flood in our apartment last summer. Although, even with the old carpeting which was probably 10yrs old or more, I used this idea.

My solution to prevent spills and restriction to kitchen is: Lidded cups!! I have different cups for different situations. I also make sure everyone has "their" cup for each of those situations. Our boys are only 16 months apart each, so I tend to color code them and everyone gets the same color as much as possible or a color close to the original color. I normally use Blue, Red, and Yellow. If I have to I will substitute with Green, and if absolutely necessary pink. Cups are hard to find in red, so we do use pink sometimes for indoor cups. My oldest is blue, my middle guy is red, and youngest is Yellow/Green. We pretty much use the same cup for the different situations all day, we just rinse and reuse when getting a refill.

Here are the cups we use in our apartment:

 The 3 on the bottom are the boys, the blue on top is DH's, and the teal one is mine.


Left to Right: Husbands, Mine, Joshua, Daniel, Nathan


Mine is the Blue cup and the boys use the Zoo cups. (DH doesn't drink smoothies)

These are not lidded because our dinner table is in the kitchen. 
The boys cups are bottom row, DH has black cup and mine is purple. 
I found these on "End of Summer" clearance for .50¢ for all 5.


Lidded cups for everyone in the family has really worked for us! It really does prevent spills and messes on carpet that we would have to replace if it got ruined. 

For more great hints and tips visit Kristen over at We are THAT Family.







Share/Bookmark Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

1 comments:

'Becca said... Best Blogger Tips

Great tip! You didn't mention it, but I'm sure that having each person use a certain color means you wash fewer dishes because they don't take a clean cup for every drink.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...