CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook 11/3



Outside the Window: Rainy and Gloomy! We haven't had rain for awhile, so I am not complaining. It is also cold. Again not complaining because I am actually ready to "hibernate" for a bit!

I am thinking: All the "holiday baking" has been on my mind lately! I am planning things out in my mind and getting excited!

I am THANKFUL for: General Good Health. October had some Health: Up and Downs, but answers are coming and I am in General Good Health.

From the Learning Rooms: We are working on our regular studies and looking forward to some Thanksgiving Studies.

In the Kitchen: Today has a been a lazy day in the kitchen. I didn't even get the ingredients for the Chicken Pot Pie we were supposed to have, so dinner is in question right now. Our menu plan for the week: 10/30-11/5.

I am wearing: My PJ's. PJ pants and PJ tops and slipper socks. We decided to make it a PJ day here!

I am creating: Nothing much this week. Although I do need to get started on planning for some Family Fun activities for the holiday season.

I am going: NOWHERE!! Too rainy and cold!

I am wondering: How to get my 8yr old son to wear his glasses all the time! He has a bad vision issue and he needs to wear them every waking moment and won't. It is really frustrating!

I am Reading: Lots of Great Library Books and books that I am going to be reviewing. (see the Right Side Bar for my By the Reading Chair List) I am currently reading Winter's Awakening by Shelley Shepard Gray.

I am hoping: I am able to find a sitter for next Tuesday or someone to go along with me to a Drs. appointment to watch the boys.

I am looking forward to: Celebrating Thanksgiving activities all month. I love THANKSGIVING and I have been looking for activities for the boys and I.

Around the house: Nothing much going on. I am under Drs. orders to take it easy for a few more days.

I am pondering: 1 Thessalonians 5:18 - in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.   We are called to be THANKFUL 365 days of the year, not just on Thanksgiving Day or during the month of Novemeber.

One of my Favorite Things: My Griddle!! I have been married 13yrs and have only had a griddle for about 18 months and I love it!! Today was the first time ever I made grilled cheese sandwiches on the Griddle and they are soo much better on the Griddle then on the Skillet. I have a Presto 20" Griddle and it is a great size for our family. I love being able to get a meal prepared very quickly and the space makes cooking soo easy!

A few plans for the rest of the week: We don't have much going on here. Saturday I have grocery shopping first thing in the morning. Homeschool Support Group meeting from 3-5pm. Church on Sunday morning and then home for the day! I am glad for "slow weeks"!!

A picture to share:

Grilled Cheese on my Griddle


Come on over and join other bloggers to see what is happening in their world on a daily basis at: Simple Woman's Daybook


Photobucket
Share/Bookmark Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

We had grilled cheese and soup for supper last night!

Conny said... Best Blogger Tips

oh, a much needed PJ DAY!! Love it!! It's gotten suddenly chilly here too (supposedly "snowed" this morning).

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I need a PJ day! It's been a long, stressful week! But next week will be slow!

LOVE making grilled cheese on the griddle! My kids eat a lot! I can make more, quicker on the griddle! LOL

PrairieJenn said... Best Blogger Tips

We have pj day quite often around here:)

Thanks for sharing that verse- it's a favorite of mine! I also love this time of year and making preparations for Thanksgiving.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...