CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Works for Me Wednesday


We are currently on a 2 day Road Trip, going home today. I am sure there will be many family vacations and more with summer break coming up. I think this tip is very timely.

I was gathering things to pack this past weekend for our Road Trip and an idea came to me as I began thinking about all the chargers and gadgets we would be bringing with. I saw a power strip I had just purchased a few weeks ago and I grabbed it to pack. I recalled that hotels barely have any outlets in the room and we are always "fighting" for the outlet to charge our phones, hand held game units and more. I thought "wow a power strip will expand our outlet from 1 to 6 and eliminate the need for "fighting" over the outlet". I am so very glad I packed it for our Road Trip. It has worked wonderfully!


I will be keeping this power strip in the "hotel bag" that we have. I have a bag that is always packed with flip flops and cups that is only for when we travel to hotels.Flip Flops for going down to the pool in and cups that I purchased at Dollar Tree so we don't spill drinks.  As I pack today, I am packing the power strip into that bag and it will stay there so we will never forget it when staying at hotels.

A friend of mine, whose husband is a pilot and she a former flight attendant, warns that if you are flying and want to bring a power strip, pack it in your checked luggage, not carry on, otherwise TSA might freak. I am so very glad she had the foresight to think about that, as I don't fly much at all, so that never crossed my mind.

Bringing a power strip when traveling and staying at a hotel truly has worked for me!


For more great hints and tips visit Kristen over at We are THAT Family.


Share/Bookmark Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

Lisa G said... Best Blogger Tips

Great idea Kendra!

'Becca said... Best Blogger Tips

This is a great tip! We like to bring our coffee percolator to hotels because it makes better coffee than most hotels provide, but its cord is very short, so we bring an extension cord. A power strip gives even more outlets!

Bitterroot Mama said... Best Blogger Tips

Smart idea!

Stephanie said... Best Blogger Tips

Such a great idea!

Innkeeper Seely said... Best Blogger Tips

That is a fantastic tip! Remember to use the strips that have power surge capabilities for added protection. You never know when you will need the protection.

I have at least one power strip in every one of our guest rooms. In addition, I use one on each side of the beds where the only wall outlet is behind the head board.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...