I really enjoy my "Bible Quiet Time" each day. I have a Bible which I like, but sometimes I need that extra encouragement as a Woman of God. I am a member of Christian Women Affiliate Review Crew and I was given the opportunity to Review the EveryDay Matters Bible for Women and it intrigued me. I was intrigued because the Bible has many features that are specifically for women.
The Features that intrigued me were:
Bible features include twenty-four disciplines—or practices—that position us to receive power and strength to do those things that we cannot possibly do on our own and make everyday life fuller and deeper. Each discipline is represented by a colorful icon whose illustration is a reminder of its meaning.
The contemporary language of the New Living Translation combines with content from today’s foremost Christian leaders to help readers understand and apply spiritual discipline.
Every discipline is explored in four ways
• Everyday Matters. Two-page articles introduce major themes and focus on an essential part of understanding and practicing a discipline.
• Everyday Profiles. Profiles of twenty-five Biblical women highlight a particular discipline.
• Everyday Q & A’s. Short articles delve into a difficult aspect of the spiritual practice and offer practical help on incorporating the discipline into your daily life.
More than 300 articles and features by more than 140 of today’s most well-known Christian leaders and writers, including: Kay Warren, Priscilla Shirer, Elisa Morgan, Nancy & John Ortberg, Richard Foster, Liz Curtis Higgs, and Lauren Winner.
Special Features include . . .
• 4-color throughout
• Color-coded icons identify each Spiritual Discipline addressed in contributors’ material
• How to Use This Bible in a Small Group Study
• Index of Spiritual Practices
• Resources for further reading
My Thoughts and Review:
The EveryDay Matters Bible for Women has been a wonderful encouragement to me. I really like that the format, the disciplines throughout, the articles that are written by well known Christian Leader and Writers. I normally use an ESV bible, but I found the NLT(New Living Translation) to be very easy to comprehend and use. I also really like the "Colorfulness" of the pages and layout. Over the months that I have had the EveryDay Matters Bible, I find myself picking up this bible over my ESV bible for my daily "Quiet Time", as it really encourages me and gives me wisdom in my daily life as a Woman of God.
I give the EveryDay Matters Bible for Women 5 out 5 stars.
More info about the EveryDay Matters Bible for Women:
The HardCover Edition retails for $44.95 and can be purchased through many Christian Books Stores and also at online Retailers.
A detailed informational booklet about the EveryDay Matters Bible for Women can be found HERE.
Where to find EveryDay Matters Bible for Women on the web and Social Media:
Everyday Matters on Publisher's Website
Everyday Matters on Facebook