CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook 9/14


Outside my window: The sun is trying to break through the clouds. The air is hazy due to a Forest fire in Minnesota, the Chicago air quality is being affected by this MN fire.

I am thinking: We really need to get better organized for Wednesday. We have AWANA on Wednesday evening. The boys and I have to take the bus to church on Wednesday and be there by 4:15pm to help with Dinner set up and preparation. The past 2 weeks have been Chaos and we aren't getting things done like we should.

I am thankful: A healthy family again! Hubby was sick the last couple of days and thankfully no one caught it.

From the learning rooms: Working on our regular studies this week. I will post a "recap" on Friday.

In the Kitchen: Nothing much today. Dinner at church today. Our menu plan for 9/11-9/17.

I am wearing: My "house clothes". A pair of Red cotton shorts and a Black tank top.

I am creating: A "Famiy Fun Activity" list for the upcoming months. I picked up the current issue of Chicago Parent Going Places from our local library yesterday. I use that to plan FREE or inexpensive activities.

I am going: Tonight we have AWANA, so we are going to our church later. Going to stop in the Borders Bookstore near the bus stop to see if "anything is left".

I am wondering: When I will get answers to the issues I am having with my left arm and leg. I know what started it all, but the Drs. can't give me any help or answers yet. October 6th can't get here fast enough.

I am Reading: Lots of great Library Books and books that I am going to be reviewing. (see the right sidebar for Reading Chair book list) I am currently reading Never Far from Home by Mary Ellis (been a busy week, haven't read much)

I am hoping: We will be blessed with some necessities this week. God is good and I know he can/will provide.

I am looking forward to: A fun weekend at the Garfield Park Conservatory "County Fair". The boys really enjoy this and I love when they have fun!

I am hearing: Cars zooming by on Harlem Ave. Quiet in the rest of the house.

Around the house: I need to start going through the boys dressers and putting some stuff away and getting some other stuff put in their drawers.

I am pondering: Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me. I sometimes forget that I don't have to “do it all” on my own. I can lean on Christ and he will give me strength.

One of my favorite things: Make Use Of. Make Use Of is a wonderful website that has lots of software, apps, and more for computers, phones and music related. Almost all the sites listed are FREE and I have found it to be a wonderful resource!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Tonight is AWANA at church, hopefully a field trip downtown tomorrow, a clothing resale on Saturday, church on Sunday.

Here is a picture to share:
     I choose this because it goes well with my 
    "hope" statement from above and so true. 
 

Share/Bookmark Pin It Print Friendly and PDF

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...